As per your contractor agreement, you are required to abide by the responsible service of alcohol laws (RSA) in a delivery context.
Although you as a driver are not required to hold an RSA, Sherpa Pty Ltd is bound by these rules and must ensure that you are trained to abide by RSA laws.
RSA Adherence in the context of delivery requires that you:
- Do not deliver alcohol to anyone under the age of 18
- Recognise signs of intoxication and do not provide anyone with alcohol if intoxication is established
Fines of up to $29,000 can apply if you are found providing alcohol to minor or to an intoxicated person.
- If the recipient looks under 30 years of age, you must check their photo ID.
- If the recipient either cannot provide a photo ID, provides a fake ID, is underage or is intoxicated, you must in no circumstances leave the alcohol. Politely refuse to leave the alcohol and say you are required by law to return the alcohol to the store.
Here are some signs that will help you discern whether or not a person is intoxicated:
What's a valid ID?
Below you will see the acceptable forms of ID:
- Australian Driver’s License or International equivalent
- Australian Learner Permit
- Commonwealth Keypass Card
- Proof of Age Card
- Photo Card
All forms of ID must be valid.