If you have arrived at a delivery location where no one is home and you do NOT have permission to leave the item, you will need to book a return delivery in the app and return the item back to the pickup location.
You should not be waiting at a delivery location for longer than 5 minutes unless instructed by Sherpa Support.
Drivers are paid for return deliveries - but only if you have permission for the return.
If you arrive at the drop-off location and you need to return the delivery because you do not have the right tools (such as a trolley) to deliver the items, this will be unpaid. You always need to make sure you have the right tools to complete the delivery, before accepting it!
Conditions for logging a return delivery via the app:
If the recipient is not available, the Sherpa app provides the option to log a return delivery yourself under certain conditions. Please note;
- If authority to leave (ATL) is provided by the sender (never the recipient, not applicable for alcohol), you cannot return the items.
- If authority to leave (ATL) is not provided, you first must contact the sender (never the recipient) to confirm if it is ok to leave the item(s) in a safe place (not applicable for alcohol). After authority to leave is provided, please inform Sherpa. You cannot return the items after this.
- A return delivery is ONLY paid if BOTH the sender and Sherpa give permission for the return delivery. If you log a return delivery without permission, you will not be paid for the return.
- Any misuse of the "log return delivery" functionality in the app will result in and OFFICIAL WARNING and/or UNAPPROVAL of your Sherpa account.
- All Return deliveries will be booked under the same timeframe as the original delivery.