If you have arrived at a delivery location where no one is home AND you do not have permission to leave the item unattended (ATL), you will need to book a return delivery in the app and return the item back to the pickup location.
You are only able to create the return after having called the recipients.
You should not be waiting at a delivery location for longer than 5 minutes unless instructed by Sherpa Support.
Drivers are paid for return deliveries - but all returns are reviewed. If you create a return when the recipient is available or the job has ATL and can be left safely, you might not be paid for the unauthorised return delivery. You might also receive a formal warning.
If you arrive at the drop-off location and you need to return the delivery because you do not have the right tools (such as a trolley) to deliver the items, this will be unpaid. You always need to make sure you have the right tools to complete the delivery, before accepting it!
Conditions for logging a return delivery via the app:
If the recipient is not available and they are not answering the phone, the Sherpa app provides the option to log a return delivery yourself under certain conditions. Please note:
- Returns cannot be created before calling there recipient
- If authority to leave (ATL) is provided by the sender (never the recipient, not applicable for alcohol), you cannot return the items.
- If authority to leave (ATL) is not provided, you first must contact the sender (never the recipient) to confirm if it is ok to leave the item(s) in a safe place (not applicable for alcohol). After authority to leave is provided, please inform Sherpa. You cannot return the items after this.
- If you log an unauthorised return delivery, you will not be paid for the return.
- Any misuse of the "log return delivery" functionality in the app will result in and OFFICIAL WARNING and/or UNAPPROVAL of your Sherpa account.
- All Return deliveries will be booked under the same timeframe as the original delivery.