Sherpa adheres to an official warning system in writing. As a driver, you can have 3 official warnings on your account, except for Grade 1 warnings, which result in direct deactivation of your account. Upon receiving a third Grade 2 or 3 warning, your account may be deactivated.
If you receive a warning, you might be asked to complete a warning specific refresher training before accessing your account again.
Warning Grading System
Grade 1 - Unethical Conduct
- Account will be deactivated immediately.
Grade 2 - RSA Failure
- 2x RSA failures will result in your account being blacklisted from alcohol deliveries.
Grade 2 - Professional Misconduct
- Warning will stay on your account forever.
Grade 3 - Delivery Misconduct
- Warning will be deleted after 6 months.
Reasons to receive a warning
Reasons listed below can result in Grade 1, 2 and 3 warnings.
Unethical Conduct (Grade 1)
- Violence, threatening and/or abusive behaviour
- Rude, offensive and/or aggressive attitude
- Intentionally damaging item
- Holding deliveries hostage
RSA Failure (Grade 1)
- Delivering alcohol to a minor
After a Grade 1 RSA related warning, a driver will lose access to alcohol deliveries indefinitely.
RSA Failure (Grade 2)
- Not checking ID
- Leaving alcohol unattended (No ATL)
- Delivering alcohol to an intoxicated person
After 2 RSA related warnings, a driver will lose access to alcohol deliveries indefinitely.
Professional Misconduct (Grade 2)
- Forging signature
- Asking client/customer for cash
- Refusing to return a delivery
- Leaving item unattended in an unsafe location
- False wait time request
- Abuse of the return delivery function
- Abusing or harassing Sherpa staff
Delivery Misconduct (Grade 3)
- Cancelled event shift
- Cancelled delivery (Limited time remaining)
- High late delivery rate
- High delivery unassignment rate
- Dress code failure
- Delivery instructions failure
- Proof of delivery failure
- Accidentally damaged item - Driver at fault
- Non-responsive during delivery
- Using wrong vehicle
- Impolite / bad manners
- Insufficient delivery equipment
Please note - This is a non-exhaustive list. Other cases of non-compliance with the contractor agreement and onboarding manual may also result in a warning or account deactivation.