Delivering Alcohol? STOP, LOOK and REMEMBER! What to do and When to check ID.
It's not easy gauging a person's age just by how they look or how they act. But don't worry! We have you covered! We have listed a few things to remember so that you can have peace of mind before handing off your delivery to a person.
- When you arrive at a drop off, STOP at the door first, don't ring the bell or knock on the door immediately. Look at your application and look for details of the person that's supposed to receive the delivery.
- Check for any special instructions on the delivery instructions, and REMEMBER the RSA guidelines so that you're ready when someone gets to the door when you ring or knock.
- When they do greet you. LOOK first at their face (But don't stare), if they look to be below 30 years of age. This is a good sign to check for ID.
- Don't ask for the recipient right away or ask the person if their name is the intended recipient's. Instead you can say "Hi, I'm from Sherpa. I have a delivery to this address, Can I have your name please?". By saying so, you're setting them for the all important question. If you know their name, 0t will be much easier for you to say "Alright John, can I see some identification before I hand this/these off to you?" In a way, your conditioning the person to comply
- Don't forget to check for signs of intoxication! We cannot continue delivery under any circumstances when the person looks to be intoxicated. Do not engage the person in further conversation but politely say that you cannot continue with delivery and need to call the support team to get further instructions. We'll handle the situation so you don't have to worry. Call us through our hotline number 02 4058 4005.
So there you have it, these steps should help you to better handle Alcohol deliveries in the future!