Thanks for using our Sherpa thru Shopify service. Below is the step by step manual on how to set this up.
1 .Click on the ‘Sherpa Delivery’ app under the Apps section.
2. Under the Settings section, click on ‘Manage Settings’.
Sherpa Account Settings
1 .Enter the username and password for your Sherpa business account.
- Sherpa’s QA / test server: https://qa.deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in
- Sherpa’s production server: https://deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in.
- Set as checked to test deliveries on Sherpa’s QA server.
- Set as unchecked to log deliveries directly to Sherpa’s production server
3. Make sure you ‘Test Credentials’ and look out for a success message to ensure the username and password you’ve entered are correct.
4. If the credentials are correct, a success message “Credentials are OK” will be displayed.
Set Fulfillment Options
- Automatically create shipment on order placement
- If enabled, directly creates a shipping job with Sherpa
- If disabled, jobs will be added to the Pending Orders section to be manually sent to Sherpa (refer to Pending Orders section for more details)
2. Fulfill all products in store
- If enabled, Sherpa shipping will be available for all products in your Shopify store.
- If disabled, Sherpa shipping will only be available for products that are specifically set to Inventory managed by Sherpa Delivery.
Set Delivery Options
- Set the vehicle type to be used for deliveries. This selection will apply to all deliveries.
2. Enter the pickup address, name and phone number for your store.
3. You can additionally specify pickup instructions for Sherpa drivers. This will be sent through with every delivery created through this app.
4. Set a prep time if the store needs time to prepare orders before they are ready for pickup.
- Prep time is factored into available delivery times on the checkout page. For example, if the order is placed at 1pm and the business has a prep time of 1 hour, the first available delivery window for a 2 hour delivery will be 2pm-4pm that day.
- If no prep is needed, keep the default selection “No prep needed”.
5. Set delivery preferences:
- Send SMS - will send an SMS notification to your customer when the delivery is on its way (provided they provided a phone number on checkout).
- Check recipient ID - the driver will be required to check the recipient’s ID before handing over the package.
- Contains alcohol - the driver will be required to check the recipient’s ID and for intoxication before hanging over the package.
- Authority to leave - the driver can leave the package unattended in a safe place.
- Contains fragile items - the driver will be required to confirm the package was delivered in good condition.
Shipping Rates & Distance
1. Enable Sherpa rates
- If checked, enables Sherpa shipping for your store.
- If unchecked, Sherpa shipping will not be available for your store.
2. Calculate rates for all orders - allows Sherpa to calculate rates of all orders from business though the items can/cannot be fulfilled by Sherpa.
3. The Sherpa Delivery app allows you to offer your customers three delivery services: 2hr, 4hr, and Same Day for delivery service.
- Select the ‘Enable’ checkbox to make the corresponding delivery option available to your customers.
- Update the labels to what you want to display on the checkout page.
- Add rates for each delivery service by clicking on the ‘Add Rule’ link for different distances 2hr, 4hr, and same day delivery service.
- Distance radius - If the delivery location is outside the defined distance, you can set it to either:
- Use No Rate - displays Sherpa’s standard delivery rates to the customer without adding extra rates.
- Calculated delivery rates charged to customers will be a sum total of Sherpa’s delivery cost and the specified % margin plus the fixed rate you add
- Flat Rate - you can set a flat rate for deliveries within a specific radius from the pickup point.
1. Store name - enter your business name here.
2. Business days - deliveries through Sherpa will only be available on these days.
3. Operating hours - deliveries through Sherpa will only be available during these hours.
- If business operating hours end at 5pm, for example, customers can request a 2 hour delivery for that day until 3pm (assuming there’s no prep time needed for your products). This allows for a full 2 hour window for Sherpa drivers to pick up and deliver the item to the customer. After 3pm, customers will only be able to see delivery windows for the next day.
Should you need further assistance with this. Feel free to get in touch with our friendly Customer Service Team.