Thanks for using our Sherpa thru Shopify service. Below is the step by step manual on how to set this up.
1 .Click on the ‘Sherpa Delivery’ app under the Apps section.
2. Under the Settings section, click on ‘Manage Settings’.
Sherpa Account Settings
1 .Enter the username and password for your Sherpa business account.
- Sherpa’s QA / test server: https://qa.deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in
Sherpa’s production server: https://deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in.
- Set as checked to test deliveries on Sherpa’s QA server.
- Set as unchecked to log deliveries directly to Sherpa’s production server.
3. Make sure you ‘Test Credentials’ and look out for a success message to ensure the username and password you’ve entered are correct.
4. If the credentials are correct, a success message “Credentials are OK” will be displayed.
Set Fulfilment Options
- Automatically create shipment on order placement
- If enabled, directly creates a shipping job with Sherpa
- If disabled, jobs will be added to the Pending Orders section to be manually sent to Sherpa (refer to Pending Orders section for more details)
Set Location Options
- Multi-Location Compatibility
- Set as enabled if you have two or more store locations set up in Shopify.
- If enabled, the Sherpa Shopify app prompts the customer for their postcode and then qualifies stores based on their proximity and stock levels. The best location is selected by the app and used as the “pickup location”.
- If one or more items in the cart is not in stock from the location qualified by the app, the customer is prompted to remove unfulfillable items from the cart before they move forward with checkout of the remaining fulfillable items.
- Sherpa/Shipping buttons displayed on the cart page
- Set as enabled if using multiple shipping carriers/partners. Sherpa’s shipping app has to make changes to the cart (as described above) to qualify a store pickup location. If using multiple shipping carriers, this setting allows the customer to select a different carrier and bypass the location qualifying process on the cart page.
- If enabled, the cart view displays two options: Ship with Sherpa or Other Shipping.
- If disabled, the app will assume Sherpa as the default shipping selection.
- Low Stock Threshold
- If low stock threshold is set to 0, the Sherpa shipping app will consider that product as out of stock.
- If low stock threshold is set to 10, the Sherpa shipping app will consider the product to be out of stock when there at 10 left in that location. This is to allow enough buffer so that if multiple customers are placing an order at the same time, there are enough products to fulfil their orders.
Set Delivery Options
- Set the vehicle type to be used for deliveries. This selection will apply to all deliveries.
2. Enter Item Description
3. Enter the pickup address, name and phone number for your store.
4. You can additionally specify pickup instructions for Sherpa drivers. This will be sent through with every delivery created through this app.
5. Set a prep time if the store needs time to prepare orders before they are ready for pickup.
- Prep time is factored into available delivery times on the checkout page. For example, if the order is placed at 1pm and the business has a prep time of 1 hour, the first available delivery window for a 2 hour delivery will be 2pm-4pm that day.
- If no prep is needed, keep the default selection “No prep needed”.
5. Set delivery preferences:
- Send SMS - will send an SMS notification to your customer when the delivery is on its way (provided they provided a phone number on checkout).
- Check recipient ID - the driver will be required to check the recipient’s ID before handing over the package.
- Contains alcohol - the driver will be required to check the recipient’s ID and for intoxication before hanging over the package.
- Authority to leave - the driver can leave the package unattended in a safe place.
- Contains fragile items - the driver will be required to confirm the package was delivered in good condition.
Should you need further assistance with this. Feel free to get in touch with our friendly Customer Service Team.