In the left navigation menu, under WooCommerce select 'Sherpa On Demand'.
Under API Settings, connect the WordPress store to your Sherpa business account.
- Enter the username and password for your Sherpa business account.
- Sherpa’s QA / test server: https://qa.deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in
- Sherpa’s production server: https://deliveries.sherpa.net.au/users/sign_in.
- Set to 'Yes' if you want to test deliveries on Sherpa’s QA server.
- Set to 'No' to log deliveries directly to Sherpa’s production server.
- Make sure you 'Test' your credentials and look out for a success message to ensure the username and password you’ve entered are correct.
Set Order Detail
- Your Store Name - enter your store name here, e.g. CBD Metro.
- Create shipment on order placement
- 'Yes' - places an order with Sherpa as soon as the order is logged in WordPress.
- 'No' (default) - the order will need to be manually submitted to Sherpa.
- Enable for all products
- 'Yes' (default) - Sherpa shipping will be available for all products in your WordPress store.
- 'No' - Sherpa shipping will only be available for products that are specifically set to ‘Ship via Sherpa’.
To specify products for shipment by Sherpa, go to 'Products' and in product details > General look for the option ‘Ship via Sherpa’.
- 'No' - if you don’t want this product to be available for shipping via Sherpa.
- 'Yes' (default) - if you want this product to be available for shipping via Sherpa.
Set Delivery Options
- The Sherpa Delivery plugin allows you to offer your customers three delivery options: 2hr, 4hr, and Same Day for delivery today or on a later date.
- Click on ‘Edit Options’ to update the labels (as it would appear in the checkout page) for the different delivery options.
- Set the vehicle type to be used for deliveries. This selection will apply to all deliveries.
Delivery Rate & Distance
While Sherpa will charge you on our standard delivery rates, you can use this setting to customise the way you offer delivery to your customers. You pick from one of the following options:
- Sherpa Rate - displays Sherpa’s standard delivery rates on checkout.
- Flat Rate - you can set a flat rate for deliveries within a specific radius from the pickup point.
- Define a flat rate for each delivery option (2hr, 4hr, and same day).
- Click on ‘Add Another’ to add multiple flat rates for different distances.
- Outside radius - if the delivery location is outside the defined distance, you can set it to either:
- Use standard Sherpa rates - displays Sherpa’s standard delivery rates to the customer, or
- Do not offer delivery - delivery options will not be available or displayed on checkout.
- Margin - delivery rates charged to customers will be a sum total of Sherpa’s delivery cost and the specified % margin.
- Store name - enter your business name here.
- Business days - deliveries through Sherpa will only be available on these days.
- Operating hours - deliveries through Sherpa will only be available during these hours.
If business operating hours end at 5pm, for example, customers can request a 2 hour delivery for that day until 3pm (assuming there’s no prep time needed for your products). This allows for a full 2 hour window for Sherpa drivers to pick up and deliver the item to the customer. After 3pm, customers will only be able to see delivery windows for the next day.
- Prep time - set a prep time if the store needs time to prepare orders before they are ready for pickup.
- Prep time is factored into available delivery times on the checkout page. For example, if the order is placed at 1pm and the business has a prep time of 1 hour, the first available delivery window for a 2 hour delivery will be 2pm-4pm that day.
- Pickup Instructions - specify additional pickup instructions for Sherpa drivers. This will be attached with every delivery created through this plugin.
If you face any issues during installation or setup, please contact us at email@example.com.
Extensions developed by Sherpa Pty Ltd are tested on the Standard WordPress environment using the standard themes built into the core and are duly tested prior to release on the latest version of a standard WordPress installation. Any incompatibilities with third-party themes and plugins are beyond Sherpa's responsibility. All products are provided ‘as is’ and in no case is it implied that they will function as expected under any setup or configuration nor with any or all 3rd party plugins or software or server environments. That said, we do our best to resolve any bugs or incompatibility issues our clients report to us.