If a delivery contains products that can only be accepted by someone that is 18 years or older, the delivery falls under the “age restricted product” category.
The following products are considered as “age restricted”, this list is not exhaustive:
- Tobacco products including e-cigarettes and vapour products
- Prescription medication*
- Certain types of knives/blades
- Spray paint
NOTE: if the delivery contains multiple items that are both age restricted and not age restricted, the entire order is considered age restricted. Partial delivery by default is not allowed. Exemptions for this will need to be provided by the Sender and agreed with Sherpa prior to the go live date.
Our Commitment to the Community
We have an important responsibility as a business and a member of the community to uphold legislation around age restricted products at all times.
Commitment 1: Do Not Deliver to Minors
The sale/delivery of age restricted products is heavily regulated in Australia and we must ensure that we do not sell/deliver these restricted products to minors. Our ID 25 policy applies to all deliveries flagged as “18+”
Commitment 2: Enforcing ID 25
If you believe a recipient looks under the age of 25, you must ask for identification (Don't Guess. ASK)The ID 25 policies are available on Sherpa app anytime.
Commitment 3: Deliveries will not be left unattended
To prevent minors from getting access to age restricted products, Authority to Leave (ATL) is by default not allowed for anything that is marked as “18+”.
If no one over 18 is available at the delivery address to accept the items, the items must be returned to the store.
When you delivery non-alcohol age restricted products such as tobacco or medication, it is required that you:
1. Do not deliver alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
How to Deliver Age Restricted Products
1. If the individual answering the door at the delivery address looks under 25 years of age, always ask for ID. If the person is over 18, you must get a signature and full name via the app.
2. If the individual is under 18, do not under any circumstances leave the products. You must politely refuse to leave the item(s), say you are required by law to return the alcohol to the store and log a paid return delivery back to the store.
3. If the person who ordered the products is not the person who answered the door, ask to see the person who places the order. If that person is not there, ask the individual at the door to show ID. Failure to provide a valid ID or being underage requires you to politely refuse to leave the item(s) and take the item(s) back to the store.