Per 1 July 2021 the NSW government is introducing new laws around Same Day deliveries of alcohol as part of the 24-hour economy liquor reforms.
For a full overview what is changing per 1 July, see https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/news-and-media/24-hour-economy-liquor-reforms-whats-changing
Or check out the summary chart provided by Liquor and Gaming NSW
How does this impact booking a Same Day alcohol delivery in NSW?
For this purpose, when we refer to 'same day alcohol jobs' we are NOT referring to our Same Day Delivery Option, we are referring to any Alcohol job that is purchased and/or booked to be delivered on the same date.
- The alcohol can only be handed over to the adult who has been nominated to receive the delivery (it will be marked as Specified Recipient Only) and therefore, cannot be left unattended.
- The alcohol cannot be delivered before 9am, or between 11pm – 12pm.
For example, if you book a job in our system on Monday at 8pm with an Item Ready At time of 6am on Tuesday:
- You'll be able to select from all of our available delivery options
- The alcohol could be left with anyone over 18 years of age (not Specified Recipient Only)
- And it could be delivered prior to 9am (no delivery curfew)
|Special note for gifting and hamper businesses
The above restrictions only apply to the delivery of more than 1.5 litres of packaged alcohol in a single food hamper such as a picnic basket or gift hamper.
In this instance, please ensure you tick the 'Alcohol' checkbox when creating your delivery.